Jesus said “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.” (Mat 19:14).
We have a good number of children and young people in the church and provide various activities for fun, fellowship and teaching.
We offer classes for young people during our Sunday morning meeting. These begin at about 11:15am (part way through the main meeting) through to 12:30pm. The Sunday School is divided into four sections for various age groups.
- Crêche – For pre-school children aged 0-4. The children enjoy unstructured play, stories and plenty of fun! They have a snack and drink during the session.
- Torchlights – For children aged 4-8. Activities include Bible stories, games, drama, singing, craft and includes a drink and snack.
- Searchlights – For children aged 8-11. Activities include games, drama, quizzes, Bible activities and lots of fun.
- Inters – For youth aged 11-15. This provides an informal mixture of fun and games and Bible study.
During the Week
- JAM Club (for ages 4-7) meets from 4:00 till 5:00 on Friday afternoons during term time unless otherwise specified.
- J.Force (for ages 8-13) meets from 6:30 till 8:00 on Friday evenings during term time unless otherwise specified.
- Friday Club (for ages 14-18) meets on Friday evenings during term time unless otherwise specified.
COVID-19 – Sunday School continues to operate. During periods when the Longcroft is open for meetings, face to face sessions take place on site with appropriate Covid precautions in place. When the main meeting goes fully online (as is currently the case from January 2021), Sunday School also goes online with a combined meeting at 9:30am. Friday Club continues to operate in an appropriate manner and the leadership will communicate the necessary details directly to the youth and/or parents.