… having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone (Eph 2:20).
Our Statement of Faith
- The full inspiration of the Holy Scriptures, their authority and sufficiency, as not only containing, but being in themselves the word of God; the reliability of the New Testament in its testimony to the character and authorship of the Old Testament, and the need of the teaching of the Holy Spirit to a true and spiritual understanding of the whole;
- The unity of the Godhead and the divine coequality of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; the sovereignty and ability of God in creation, providence, and redemption;
- The sinfulness of human nature in consequence of the fall and the necessity for regeneration;
- The deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His real and perfect manhood, the authority of His teaching and the infallibility of all His utterances; His work of reconciliation of sinful men by His vicarious sufferings and death; His bodily resurrection and His ascension into heaven; His present priestly intercession for His people and His present function as the Baptiser with the Holy Spirit; His headship in the Church;
- Justification of the sinner solely by faith through the reconciling merits of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ;
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit in conviction of sin, regeneration, conversion, and sanctification; also in ministry and worship and in the exercising of spiritual gifts through the body of believers;
- The resurrection of the body; the judgement of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ with the eternal redemption of the righteous and the eternal punishment of the wicked;
- Baptism by immersion of believers; the Lord’s Supper as a commemoration of our Lord’s death, but not as a sacrifice for sin, or involving any change in the substance of the bread and wine;
- The personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ for His Church.